Join Us – Become a USA Umpire
We are proud of our umpires and excited to have you join us. We promise to work with you to make sure you have the knowledge, training, and field management tools to become a successful umpire. We provide free state of the art training to our members that includes classroom, gym and field lessons, rulebooks and mechanics manuals and access to an on-line assigning system so you can choose how much or how little you want to work. You will also find lots of umpires ready and willing to help you get started and grow.
iStep-by-step guide on how to become a USA umpire:
- Contact us to let us know you are interested in becoming an umpire. You will receive a welcome note with information about our training program.
- Attend the training sessions (see the calendar for more information). These are classroom, gym, and field training sessions designed to get you ready to umpire. The training is free to you.
- Pay your annual USA membership fee. You can pay this at any training session or any general membership meeting.
- Sign our online Association Member Services Agreement.
- Fill out a USA Registration Form. (register on their website)
- Attend the General Membership meetings. These are held once a month from January to April and offer essential updates to rules and mechanics as well as a chance to meet and mingle with all the association umpires. Check out the upcoming events/calendar to find the time and location of the next meeting.
- Upon completing the training, you will get information about how to log into our assignment system. Once you fill out all required information on Arbiter, including your availability, we will let the assigners know that you are ready to work games.
- Get your uniform and equipment. See our uniform section for more information.
- Working high school games have additional requirements, be sure to ask your training staff what else you will need to do to get on a high school field.
- Get out on the field and umpire some games!