Through the SMSUA Uniform Sales Program, you can purchase everything you need to be the best looking umpire you can be. All umpires who have at least one year’s service in SMSUA may payroll deduct all their purchases when buying through SMSUA Uniform Sales and all umpires can pay check or cash as you order. Our uniform sales agent is George Gunn. Print out this order form and mail it to him or e-mail George directly. You can order any item you find in the Official Gear catalog. By ordering through George, you save on shipping costs and have free returns/exchanges.
SMSUA Uniform Requirements
- All clothing shall be washed and cleaned on a regular basis and be wrinkle-free at the beginning of each day’s assignments. Shoes shall be brushed and polished before each day’s assignments and cleaned between assignments on the same day.
- When multiple umpires are working a game they must all dress in the same color scheme. Everyone must be in same color shirt and pants. There can be different length uniform sleeves on the same field as long as the shirts are the same color. All umpires do not have to be in jackets.
- If a shirt is worn under the powder blue shirt, it must be plain and white. If a shirt is worn under the navy blue shirt, it must be plain and navy blue.
- In all games the powder blue shirt and gray pants are the default uniform. Variations are up to the umpiring crew.
- For all USA Softball sanctioned games, the umpire shall wear the powder blue or navy USA Softball shirt and heather gray or navy pants or navy shorts(slow pitch only) and the approved USA Softball cap and ball bag(s). Shoes and belt must be black, all other equipment shall be as mandated in the most current USA Softball Rule Book.
- For all school games the umpire shall wear the powder blue or navy shirt plain or with the WOA patch, heather gray or navy pants, plain ball bags matching the pants and a dark, navy blue cap without logo. Shoes and belts must be black. ASA/USA Softball logos are not acceptable on any piece of your uniform.
|HAT||USA Softball Logo, navy blue, fitted, 4, 6 or 8 stitch.|
|SHIRT||USA Softball Logo, powder blue pullover with navy and white trim on collar and sleeves, or USA Softball Logo, navy blue pullover with red and white trim on collar and sleeves.|
|UNDERSHIRT||White short sleeved with powder blue uniform shirt. Navy short sleeved with navy blue uniform shirt.|
|PANTS||Heather gray long dress pants with belt loops for fastpitch games. Heather gray or navy, shorts or long dress pants with belt loops for slowpitch games.|
|BELT||All black with plain silver buckle|
|SOCKS||Black or Navy, above ankle length|
|SHOES||ALL BLACK athletic shoes|
|INDICATOR||Balls, Strikes, and Outs minimum, Innings optional|
|JACKET||USA Softball navy blue jacket pullover or zip up.|
|SUNGLASSES||Black frame with non-reflective lenses. Straps holding glasses must fit tight to head.|
|GLOVES||Black or navy blue if needed|
|TIME PIECE||Watch or stopwatch carried in your pocket|
ADDITIONAL FASTPITCH PLATE UMPIRE UNIFORM
|HAT||USA Softball Logo, navy blue, fitted, 4 or 6 stitch.|
|PANTS||Heather gray long dress pants with belt loops, preferably cut for plate umpires. No shorts can be worn.|
|SHOES||ALL BLACK plate shoes|
|MASK||All black frame, pads, and harness|
|BALL BAG||ASA Logo, navy blue or gray. Either one or two bags|
|FLIPPING COIN||For determining home team, when necessary|
|LINEUP HOLDER/PENCIL||As necessary|
|SHIN GUARDS||Worn under pants|
|CHEST PROTECTOR||Worn under shirt|